ENTER YOUR REDEMPTION CODE BELOW TO UNLOCK YOUR PRIZE
ENTER YOUR REDEMPTION CODE BELOW TO UNLOCK YOUR PRIZE
© 2014 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Watch Dogs, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. The “PS” Family logo is a registered trademark and “PS4” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC takes no responsibility for this offer.
PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF REDEMPTION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR RESTRICTED BY LAW
PURCHASE OF THE WATCH_DOGS™ GAME (published by Ubisoft Entertainment), INTERNET ACCESS, AND EITHER AN ACCOUNT WITH XBOX LIVE (available free of charge) OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK (available free of charge) MAY BE REQUIRED TO REDEEM AND/OR USE THE IN-GAME ITEM Redeemable through this promotion.
Monster Energy Company (“Monster”) is offering the “Monster Energy® x Watch_Dogs™ In-Game Item Promotion” (the “Promotion”). The Promotion is subject to these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”), and by participating, a participant (“Participant” or “you") agree(s) to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Monster, which are final and binding in all respects. This Promotion begins at 12:01 AM, May 1, 2014, US Pacific Time and ends June 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM, US Pacific Time (the “Promotion Period”). Monster’s computer is the official timekeeping device for participation in the Promotion.
1. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to persons who: are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and are 18 years of age or older at the time of redemption. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Employees, officers and representatives, and members of their immediate families ( i.e., parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Monster, Ubisoft Entertainment, Inc. (“Ubisoft”), Izigg, Inc. (“Izigg”) and their respective affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to participate.
2. How to Obtain a Code: There are two (2) ways Participant can obtain a unique code specific to the Participant’s gaming platform - Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4 platforms only (a “Code”).
(a) Text: Text “Watch_Dogs” to the SMS short code 89800. Once you send the text message containing a login number, and you will be directed to a unique Monster Energy web URL (the “Website”). By following the URL and entering the requested information you will receive a Code. All text message Participants must have a two-way text messaging capable handset and mobile Internet access to obtain a Code via text message. Text messaging and/or mobile Internet Access may not be available from all wireless carriers or with all handset models. Participants are responsible for all standard text-messaging rates, fees and charges for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions of their wireless calling plan. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime, data, and carrier charges) and will appear on your wireless phone service bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion. Participation in this Promotion by mobile phone and text message means that you understand that you may receive additional text messages from Monster relating to this Promotion, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your wireless carrier's rate plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. HELP: If you need any help or have any questions relating to the SMS text messaging and this Promotion, you may send a text “HELP” to 89800.
(b) Mail in: To obtain a Code by mail, Participants must hand print their first and last name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, and game platform on a 3”x5” card, place the card in an envelope with proper first-class postage affixed, and mail the envelope to “Monster Energy x Watch_Dogs In-Game Item Promotion” c/o, Izigg, 3379 Peachtree Rd. Ste 330 Atlanta, Georgia 30326. Mailed entries must be postmarked by 11:59 PM US Pacific Time on June 30, 2014 and received by Monster no later than 11:59 PM US Pacific on July 5, 2014. There is a limit of one (1) 3”x5” card per mailing envelope. The Code will then be emailed to the Participant at the email address indicated on their mail in card.
If any part of a Code is counterfeited or improperly reproduced, or if the Code comes from other games or promotions (whether operated by Monster or any third-part), or if any part is illegible, mutilated, or tampered with in any way, or if it contains or reflects typographical, mechanical or other errors, the Code will be rejected and will be deemed void and invalid.
3. How to Redeem Codes: Depending on the Participant’s gaming platform, Code redemption procedures during the Promotional Period will vary.
(a) Xbox 360: To activate a Code on the Xbox 360 platform, Participants must: (i) insert Watch_Dogs™ Disc 2 into their gaming console while their gaming console is connected to the Internet; (ii) press “START” to reach the Main Menu; (iii) on the Main Menu, select “Additional Content” and then “Redeem Code”; and enter the nineteen (19) character Code at the prompt.
(b) Xbox One: To activate a Code on the Xbox One platform, participants either must: (i) say “Xbox, use a Code” or select “Xbox Store”, then “Browse Games”, then “Use a Code, and then enter the twenty-five (25) digit Code via QR or manual entry; or (ii) the twenty-five digit Code can be entered at live.xbox.com. As of the drafting of these Terms and Conditions, an Xbox Live account is a free service. Registration with this third-party game platform provider requires agreement to the applicable terms and conditions and privacy policies for such game platforms, for which Monster is not responsible.
(d) PS4: To activate a Code on the PS4 platform, Participants must: (i) create an online account on their PlayStation Network enabled PS4 system (or use their existing account); (ii) select the “PlayStation Store” icon on the PS4 system Home Screen; (iii) on the “PlayStation Store” screen, select “Redeem Codes” at the bottom the menu on the PS4 system; (iv) enter the Code (Code will be case sensitive); (v) once the Code has been entered correctly, select “Continue” on the dialog box from the PS4 system; (vi) select “Download” to start downloading the content; and (vii) finally, select “Continue” to complete Code redemption on the PS4 system.
If a Participant experiences any difficulty with Code redemption, please contact Monster’s Consumer Relations at (866) 322-4466 x 585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE : Purchase of the Watch_Dogs™ game (published by Ubisoft) is required to use the In-Game Item redeemable through this Promotion. In-Game Items cannot be redeemed nor exchanged for any monetary value.
4. Code Limits: Each Code may only be used once. A maximum of one (1) Code redemption per Participant is allowed during the Promotion Period. Total number of Codes distributed by Monster during the Promotion Period is approximately two hundred thousand (200,000), with approximately fifty thousand (50,000) allocated to each available platform (Xbox 360; Xbox One; PS3; and PS4); actual number may vary. Codes must be redeemed in accordance with these Terms and Condition before the end of the Promotion Period and any valid unused Codes after that time shall become void. If any part of any Code is counterfeited, or improperly reproduced or if the Code comes from other games or promotions (whether operated by Monster or any third-party), or if any part is illegible, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if it contains or reflects printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors, the Code will be rejected and will be deemed void and invalid. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Monster with respect to Code entry are final and binding
NO TRANSFER: Codes cannot be sold, traded, bartered, assigned or transferred to or shared with a third party, auctioned through an online auction site, or otherwise or obtained through any source other than from one of the methods mentioned in these Terms and Conditions. Codes are null and void and will be rejected if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels.
5. Code Verification. All Codes are subject to verification at the sole discretion of Monster before a Participant receives a Code. Anti-fraud detection devices may be used for verification purposes. Codes will be void if they fail to pass anti-fraud detection measures, or, if determined by Monster in its sole discretion, to be unauthorized, illegitimately obtained (i.e., through means other than those stated in these Terms and Conditions) or if they contain an unauthorized message, code or other marking not issued by Monster for use in this Promotion, or if defective or if they contain printing or other mechanical errors or are printed or produced in error or are illegible or unreadable or blank. No Code redemption will be valid if such redemption is associated with any Code deemed void for any reason, including without limitation, the following: (a) Code is not verified or recognized as being validly issued by Monster in the Promotion; (b) Code is determined to be previously entered and used, except as provided herein; (c) Code is incorrectly or incompletely entered or submitted; or (d) Code is void. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Monster shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Promotion, including without limitation determinations regarding the validity of Codes. Monster shall have no obligation to the holder of any void Code.
6. Limitations of Liability : No responsibility or liability is assumed by Monster and/or the Promotion Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the website hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail messaging transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website or any other website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of a UPlay, Xbox Live Gold, PlayStation Plus, and/or PlayStation Network account used in connection with the Promotion. From time to time during the Promotion Period, Monster’s webmaster may perform maintenance on the Website which may result in a Participant’s inability to enter Codes. Monster and the Promotion Entities are not responsible for any typographical errors in the Codes, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website, including without limitation, any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to Participant's or any other person's computer equipment or mobile phone equipment resulting from online participation in the Promotion, or use of or download of any information from the Website. Use of the Website is at user's own risk. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. General Terms . By participating in the Promotion, Participants: (a) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions by Monster and by the decisions of Monster, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Terms and Conditions; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities.
The Promotion Entities are not responsible if the Promotion cannot take place, or if any Code cannot be redeemed due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Promotion Entities. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promotion Entities, which, in Monster’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Monster reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion or any part of the Promotion. If the Promotion or any part of the Promotion is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Promotion, notice will be posted on www.monsterenergy.com if time permits. Monster reserves the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during the Promotion.
9. Binding Arbitration : Except where prohibited by law, Participant agrees: (1) any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Promotion or any Code redeemed shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration conducted by JAMS/Endispute (“JAMS”) in accordance with JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the “JAMS Rules”); (3) any arbitration shall be heard by one arbitrator to be selected in accordance with the JAMS Rules, in Orange County, California; (4) judgment upon any award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (5) any award or judgment shall be subject to all limitations and releases set forth in these Terms and Conditions and be limited to actual out of pocket damages, and shall not, in any event, include any punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, attorneys’ fees or costs of bringing a claim, or any injunctive or other equitable relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. Governing Law : All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Monster in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with California law without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
11. Sponsored by: This Promotion is sponsored by Monster Energy Company, 1 Monster Way, Corona, CA 92879.
NOTE: Watch_Dogs™ is rated M for Mature (Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, and the Use of Alcohol) by the ESRB. Visit esrb.org for rating information.